and Part (idio) is Japan ‘s multimedia broadcasting / Internet radio service using the VHF-Low band .
It started pre-broadcasting from Tokyo , Osaka and Fukuoka in March 2016, utilizing the VHF-Low band of the terrestrial analog television broadcast which ceased in March 2012. This is a terrestrial base broadcasting for mobile reception . It will become a form to expand the nationwide network in the future. i-dio is a registered trademark of TOKYO FM (trademark registration number 5814077).
Like the main broadcasting satellite base broadcasting and the terrestrial base broadcasting for the mobile reception in the VHF-High band , the operation form is the same as the main broadcasting station provider who is responsible for the transmission facility and the like, the authorized core broadcasting company in charge of the program formation, the hardware and software Are separating.
While VHF-High band multimedia broadcasting Mobacas / NOTTV , which is a nationwide broadcasting area, was operated by one company of hardware and software (terminated service on 30th June 2016), wide area broadcasting / prefecture area broadcasting The VHF-Low Belt divides Japan nationwide into 6 wide area and Hokkaido , one business base station provider provides hardware, the six certified core broadcasters have a soft side Handle. In addition, a holding company that controls and promotes the entire business and a content provider that supplies broadcast content to certified core broadcasting companies are set up.
- Japan Multimedia Broadcasting Corporation – V-Low Band Multimedia Broadcasting Business Administration Company, affiliated company of TOKYO FM, changed its trade name from BIC Co., Ltd. on June 30, 2017
- VIP Co., Ltd. – Provider of the main broadcasting station (transmitter)
- Six broadcasting companies (software providers)
- Northern Japan Multimedia Broadcasting Co., Ltd. – Hokkaido district, certified core broadcaster in the Tohoku district
- Tokyo Multimedia Broadcasting Co., Ltd. – Certified main broadcasting company in the Kanto · Koshinetsu area
- China Japan Multimedia Broadcasting Co., Ltd. – Certified main broadcaster in the Tokai / Hokuriku area
- Osaka Multimedia Broadcasting Co., Ltd. – Certified core broadcasting company in the Kansai area
- China · Shikoku Multimedia Broadcasting Co., Ltd. – Certified base broadcasting company in China · Shikoku district
- Kyushu · Okinawa Multimedia Broadcasting Co., Ltd. – Certified base broadcasting company in Kyushu · Okinawa area
- Content provider
- TOKYO SMARTCAST CORPORATION
- Amanek Telematics Design Inc.
- Rakuten Co., Ltd. (July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017)
In principle, i-dio plays free broadcasting for NOTTV, which was a pay broadcast.
Broadcast standard / quality
As ISDB-T SB for digital terrestrial television broadcasting of ISDB which is the digital broadcasting standard of Japan as the broadcasting standard, it adopts. It is transmitted as a broadcast wave with 3 OFDM OFDM frames × 2, and the voice is broadcasted by MPEG-AAC. As planned for the future as well, high quality sound broadcast called HD Sound after August 2016, scheduled to broadcast at high frequency of 96 kHz after June 2018.
Moreover, it is possible to transmit various data as well as voice and video by using IP datacasting technology based on broadcasting infrastructure. For example, distribution of electronic leaflets and electronic coupons, real-time automatic speech reading, data updating within receiving devices, provision of telematics services for automobiles, etc. are assumed. By using broadcasting, information can be provided without being affected by congestion at the occurrence of a disaster or holding a large event. A unique disaster prevention information system “V-Alert” is also prepared and it is possible to distribute evacuation information for local residents from local governments only to areas designated by voice and data.
Meanwhile, in July 2016, IP simultaneous broadcasting is implemented and data such as audio and video broadcasted by i-dio is distributed via a content delivery network . As a countermeasure against difficulty viewing, we are making it possible to hear the broadcast by communication even in areas where radio waves do not reach. Basically, it is targeted for smartphones and tablet terminals (iOS, Android), but depending on the channel as will be described later, it can be listened to on a personal computer.
As of May, 2018, three channels by two content providers, four channels by software multimedia broadcasting company Tokyo Multimedia Broadcasting, local channels by software operators in each region are located in Tokai · Hokuriku, Kansai, Kyushu · Okinawa Simultaneous broadcasting of FM stations in each area is carried out in Hokkaido · Tohoku area or China · Shikoku area.
Channel for nationwide
- A high-quality music channel that is positioned as an i-dio flagship by TOKYO SMARTCAST . In digital terrestrial waves, we will deliver the best sound quality music and world news · culture. Such as musicians and music critic, “by the music selection of DJ primary who knows the music PREMIUM ONE “, Billboard JAPAN to announce the latest chart of ” HITS ONE powered by Billboard JAPAN “, ” Billboard JAPAN HOT 100 “, the weather and abroad ” ONE MORNING ” to provide music by reflecting current events of the year, ” SOUND SCAPE ” which collages music from national and international sounds and so on are organized as programs. From October 2017, monthly, with monthly idol , artist , voice actor in the genre, such as “now” 60-minute program of eight pairs person it should be noted that serve the personality ” TS ONE UNITED began broadcasting” . From April 2018, with the formation, every month, the format changed to 2 pairs.
- In addition to streaming music, the listening application delivers data broadcasting in real time, and information on the flowing songs and links to suppliers are also issued. In July 2016, we will offer the special player application “TS PLAY” together with this opening so that we can receive more song information and electronic coupons. Beginning in April 2017, it will become possible to listen through the Internet with the TS ONE-only application in the whole country including the area where i-dio service has not been started, and the Windows version of the dedicated listening application will also be provided. Until June 1, 2018, integration and integration of TS PLAY and i-dio watching application which had been parallel so far are integrated, and at the time of receiving multimedia broadcasting, broadcasting with 96 kHz high resolution quality is started It is scheduled.
- TS ONE UNITED distribution program
[ Display ]Distribution month Program name (cast)
- Japan’s first radio channel dedicated to mobility by Amaneq Telematics Design . Initially it was only introduction program, but in July 2016 we served a dedicated application and started the main broadcasting . Along with GPS location information, it is linked with high-quality music for drivers and announcer weather information and information for drivers in collaboration with “curation magazine antenna”, and IP data casting and automatic speech reading system Provide real-time weather information and sightseeing information.
- 24 hours non-stop music channel by Tokyo multimedia broadcasting . Classical , jazz , masterpiece (masterpieces of various Western music) are available for 3 channels.
- Anime song special channel by Tokyo multimedia broadcasting . It opened on November 6, 2017. In which the music selection AI “Anihori-chan” is continue to put a song to song selection on the basis of the data of the vote and on the Internet from the listener, the navigator of anison confrontation program “Anikoro” that determines the song to be applied by the vote Tianjin – MukaiKiyoshi Taro and Machico , Anihori’s voice is in charge of Mika Takano .
Eighth Channel Tokyo Channel
- TOKYO SMARTCAST, TOKYO SMARTCAST, as one of the inbound project ” Niigata Tokyo Building ” developed by Nippon Airways Building , under the cooperation of Shanghai Media Group, TOKYO SMARTCAST will start broadcasting on February 12, 2018, the Chinese tourism to Japan Chinese language broadcast channel for customers .
- Local channel in Osaka multimedia broadcasting, Kansai area. In addition to broadcasting “KANSAI LIVE VIEWING” as an original program on weekdays night, we will perform simultaneous broadcast of FM OSAKA at other times .
Q league channel
- Local channel in Kyushu and Okinawa district by Kyushu · Okinawa multimedia broadcasting. As original programming on Saturday morning, FM FUKUOKA weekday morning wide program “of Morning jam addition to broadcasting the weekend version of” Weekend jam “of”, FM FUKUOKA (part of the time zone in the other time FMQ league affiliation of each station program ) Simultaneous broadcasting is performed.
TRAN · J channel
- Local channel by Central Japan Multimedia Broadcasting, Tokai · Hokuriku area. It pre-opened in the Nagoya Bureau (Tokai 3 prefectures) on July 1, 2016, started broadcasting from August 1, expanded the area to Shizuoka and Hokuriku district afterwards, and in the IP Simulcast broadcasting from the pre- · Hearing is possible in 7 Hokuriku prefectures. In addition to broadcasting the original program produced by each regional JFN affiliated station, we will also conduct @ FM simultaneous broadcasting .
Besides this, Simultaneous broadcasting of JFN member stations within the area is being conducted in Hokkaido · Tohoku region, which is the territory of Northern Japan Multimedia Broadcasting, and China · Shikoku Region, which is the jurisdictional area of China · Shikoku Multimedia Broadcasting.
- Northern Japan Multimedia Broadcasting: Air-G ‘ , FM Aomori , FM Iwate , Date fm , FM Akita , Rhythm Station , Fukushima FM
- China · Shikoku Multimedia Broadcasting: V – Air , FM Okayama , HFM , FMY , FM Tokushima , FM Kagawa , Joe – FM , Hi – Six
- i-dio Creators Ch.
- Video channel by Tokyo Multimedia Broadcast, which opened with the start of i-dio. It aims to co-create with creators, and it is organized around short movies and animation. Broadcasting on 5th November 2017.
- Crimson FM
- Rakuten operated Internet radio platform “Rakuten.FM” channel, with the start of the broadcast on July 1, 2016, it also began broadcasting on i-dio. In collaboration channel by Rakuten and TOKYO FM group, to organize a program based on the listening data of the listener, such as a program that took up the program and music festivals of the world, which took up such as technology information is organized. Due to the nature of the medium, i-dio can only receive multimedia broadcasts and can not listen with i-dio’s application because it uses the Rakuten.FM side (using a dedicated smartphone application or Web browser) via the Internet.
- Is received by business review by Rakuten service of Rakuten.FM is for the completion by the end of August 2017, at 2 the same year July 1 (on the program organized June 30, in the middle of the night) was terminated broadcast with a .
- i-dio Phone ‘CP-VL 5 A’ ( Covi ) – Multimedia Broadcast / FM Radio / One Seg 3 Tuner Built-in Android Smartphone .
- in-dio Wi-Fi Tuner “TUVL 01” ( Japan Antenna ) – You can connect to Android / iOS terminal via wireless LAN and operate and listen on smartphone or tablet terminal . Initially we are looking for monitors on the official website and distributed free of charge to those who won the monitor. Starting general sales at EC site starting May 13, 2016 .
- TunerBox for car “AMNK-T01” ( Vitech · System Engineering )
- Disaster prevention radio MeoSound VL 1 “MS-VL 1” ( Kaga Hi-tech )
- Disaster prevention radio MeoSound VL 2 “MS-VL 2” (Kaga Hi-tech)
Initially, we will gradually open the stage, we plan to set up 62 large and medium-sized ground stations and 133 small-scale ground stations by July 2019 and aim for 78.3% household coverage in 2019. The schedule is as follows .
- March 1st: Start broadcasting in Tokyo, Osaka, Fukuoka
- July 1: Start broadcasting in Nagoya
- July 8: Broadcasting started in the Shonan and western areas of Kanagawa
- October 14: Broadcasting started in Shizuoka Chubu
- March 17: Broadcasting started in Western Shizuoka
- July 10: Start broadcasting in Western Hyogo
- October 10: Broadcasting started in western Tokyo
- May 1st: Start broadcasting in Miyagi / Fukushima
- June 26: Broadcasting started in Hiroshima
- Fiscal year: Scheduled to start broadcasting in Hokkaido
- Until July 2019: Services scheduled to be offered in all prefectures
The call sign assigned to the master station is JOLZ – MM # , and the number contains one numeric character. For each area, either 101.285714 MHz or 105.428571 MHz is used .
Bold letters in the table are parent stations in each region .
|Station name||location||Antenna power||Effective radiated power||Broadcasting area||Preliminary license issuance date||Opening date|
|Hokkaido (105.428571 MHz / JOLZ-MM 1, software provider: North Japan multimedia broadcasting)|
|Sapporo||Nishi-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido ( Tezayama )
|5 kW||29 kW||City of Sapporo and its surroundings||March 12, 2018|
|Tohoku regional area (101.285714 MHz / JOLZ-MM 2, software provider: North American multimedia broadcasting)|
|Sendai||Miyagi ken Sendai shi Taihaku-ku||4 kW||25 kW||Part of Miyagi prefecture centering on Sendai city||November 17, 2017||May 1, 2018|
|Kitakata||Kitakata City, Fukushima Prefecture||1.8 kW||5.6 kW||Part of Fukushima Prefecture centering on Kitakata City||November 17, 2017|
|song · Koushinetsu wide area (105.428571 MHz / JOLZ-MM 3, software provider: Tokyo multimedia broadcasting)|
|Tokyo||Shibakoen , Minato-ku, Tokyo ( Tokyo Tower )
|10 kW||70 kW||Tokyo, Ibaraki , Saitama , Chiba , Kanagawa Prefecture, part of the||July 13, 2015||March 1, 2016|
|Tokyo Nishi||Hirohara Village Nishitama-gun, Tokyo||2 kW||7.5 kW||West of Tokyo area, part of Saitama prefecture||October 10, 2017|
|Hadano||Hadano City, Kanagawa Prefecture||7.8 kW||Shonan / western area of Kanagawa prefecture||July 8, 2016|
|causes · Hokuriku region wide area (101.285714 MHz / JOLZ-MM 4, software provider: China Multimedia Broadcasting Corporation)|
|Shizuoka||Shizuoka prefecture Yaizu city||1 kW||6.6 kW||Shizuoka prefecture central part||August 25, 2016||October 14, 2016|
|Hamamatsu||Shizuoka prefecture Hamamatsu City||6.3 kW||Western Shizuoka Prefecture||January 6, 2017||March 17, 2017|
|Nagoya||Mie Prefecture Kuwana city ( Multiple mountain||10 kW||110 kW||Part of Aichi , Gifu , Mie prefecture||February 18, 2016||July 1, 2016|
|Kinki metropolitan area (105.428571 MHz / JOLZ-MM5, software provider: Osaka multimedia broadcasting)|
|Osaka||Nara prefecture Ikoma-shi ( Ikoma-yama )||10 kW||26 kW||Osaka prefecture , Kyoto prefecture , Nara prefecture, part of Hyogo prefecture||October 16, 2015||March 1, 2016|
|kakogawa||Hyogo ken Kakogawa city||1 kW||3.3 kW||Part of Hyogo Prefecture||May 19, 2017||July 10, 2017|
|China · Shikoku wide area (101.285714 MHz / JOLZ-MM 6, software provider: China · Shikoku multimedia broadcasting)|
|Hiroshima||Hiroshima Prefecture Hiroshima City||1 kW||2.2 kW||Part of Hiroshima City and its surroundings||December 18, 2017||June 26, 2018|
|Kyushu · Okinawa wide area (105.428571 MHz / JOLZ-MM 7, software provider: Kyushu · Okinawa multimedia broadcasting)|
|Fukuoka||Fukuoka city Fukuoka city Sogena ward Hyakunohama
( Fukuoka Tower )
|3 kW||10.5 kW||A part of Fukuoka prefecture||June 12, 2015||March 1, 2016|
|Munakata||Fukuoka prefecture Munakata city||2W||3.1 W||September 10, 2015|
|Kitakyushu||Fukuoka prefecture Kitakyushu city Yahata east district||250 W||970 W||December 17, 2015 [|
|Kurume||Tosu City, Saga Prefecture||1 kW||1.5 kW||Fukuoka prefecture, part of Saga prefecture|